10 Steps to Positive Body Image
“One list cannot automatically tell you how to turn negative body thoughts into positive body image, but it can introduce you to healthier ways of looking at yourself and your body. The more you practice these new thought patterns, the better you will feel about who you are and the body you naturally have.”
Below is a top 10 list. Go to the website listed below to find out more details on how to carry out these steps.
- Appreciate all that your body can do.
- Keep a top-ten list of things you like about yourself.
- Remind yourself that “true beauty” is not simply skin-deep.
- Look at yourself as a whole person.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Shut down those voices in your head that tell you your body is not “right” or that you are a “bad” person.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and that make you feel good about your body. Work with your body, not against it.
- Become a critical viewer of social and media messages.
- Do something nice for yourself.
- Use the time and energy that you might have spent worrying about food, calories, and your weight to do something to help others.
For a more detailed description of the 10 steps above please visit: