Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard! Check out these healthy eating tips for teens (adapted from this article by the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center):
- Eat breakfast. Pick something with fruits, veggies, whole grains, and protein.
- Avoid skipping meals. Your body needs nutrients throughout the day (especially lunch!)
- Cut back on sugary drinks. Try water with lemon instead of soda or Arizona iced tea.
- Fill in missing food groups. Most teens don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables.
- Aim for a balanced diet. For example, eat a slice of pizza loaded with veggies or order apple slices at McDonald’s.
- Get active. Even going for a 10-minute walk makes a difference.
Read more articles like this at The Blog for the Mount sinai Adolescent Health Center. You can also meet with a nutritionist at the center, talk to your health coach, or visit Project STAY for nutrition or physical activity advice.