Social Distancing is an important way we can all stop the spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19). People all over the country are directed to stay home and only leave the house if they have to. Staying home all the time can be difficult if you are not used to it, here are some things to keep in mind to make the situation easier!
- Try an at-home workout! Click here for a quick guided workout you can do indoors, in a small space, with no equipment necessary.
- Learn a new recipe. Eating healthy foods is a great way to stay physically and mentally healthy when you’re staying home. We have posted a variety of recipes on our website, like these recipes from our family cooking event, vegan meatball soup, recipes using sweet potatoes, and more!
- Stay connected with your family and friends. This can be done using social media or apps like FaceTime or Zoom. Technology can help us feel connected to our loved ones, even when we can not see them face to face.
- Be creative! Dancing, drawing, reading, or writing can help if you are feeling stressed or stuck.
- It is normal to feel sad, stressed, or anxious about the new circumstances we have found ourselves in. Talk to a trusted adult, friend, or a mental health professional if you need support. Text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect to a crisis counselor.