Looking for some easy ways to become more active? Here are a few of our top tips for staying active in the city:
- Walk, (see link for walking trails in NYC)
- Run – check out Harlem’s community run and the Bronx’s community run
- bike (see link for bike trails in NYC) instead of getting a ride or taking the bus or subway
- Take your dog for a walk, or if you don’t have a dog but need a part time job, start getting paid to walk other’s dogs
- Dance to your favorite music
- Join a team at your school – some you don’t have to try out for!
- Join an intramural or community-based team Check out the link for the Harlem Police Athletic League (PAL)
- Set physical activity goals (check out how to set up a goal on Teen Health website link) with your friends and family
- Coach or referee a sport for younger children
Watch this video for even more ideas!