Most people know that water is the healthiest beverage. Sometimes it can be hard to motivate yourself to drink enough water. Explore our top five tips for getting yourself to drink more water:
- Add fruit to your water. Adding slices of oranges, cucumbers, or berries is a great way to add flavor to your water in a way that is still healthy. Plus, you can have a snack once you are done drinking!
- Use a reusable water bottle! This allows you to have water with you always. If you need help getting a reusable bottle, talk to your BridgeUP Fellow or BeWell health coach.
- Remind yourself to drink a glass of water before every meal. Meals serve as a great reminder to drink water and drinking before a meal may also help you to eat less.
- Add water to your existing routines. For example, if you have a morning, evening, or bedtime routine (e.g. doing your homework, brushing your teeth, washing your face, etc.) add drinking a glass of water to your routine. Adding to your routine will make you more likely to remember to actually drink water.
- Download an app, such as Waterlogged, which can help you track your water intake. You can also set reminders on your phone to remind you to drink.