If you were at our college boot camp over the summer, you got to try all sorts of healthy snacks. In case you weren’t at boot camp, we are sharing one of our favorite recipes for Watermelon Pizza.
You read that right! This sweet take on pizza is a healthy treat that’s perfect for an after-school snack. Summer may be coming to an end, but the watermelon and other fruits in this recipe should be in season for a little bit longer. Buying produce in season means that it is cheaper and tastes great! These pizzas are the perfect balance of carbs, protein, and other nutrients to fill you up after a long day at school.
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 individual-sized watermelon
- 1 cup of your favorite nonfat, plain yogurt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Any of your favorite fruits (peaches, strawberries, blueberries, kiwis… get creative!)
- Shredded coconut
- Carefully cut the watermelon into 2-3 inch disks.
- Wash and slice the other fresh fruit
- Mix the vanilla extract and honey in to the yogurt
- Evenly spread the yogurt over the watermelon slice–this is the “sauce” for your pizza, so make sure you leave a border that will act as the “crust.”
- Arrange the fresh fruit on top of the yogurt–be artistic!
- Drizzle with some honey and the shredded coconut
Check out the BeWell cookbook for more healthy snack ideas!